Friday 7 October 2011

Dear Mom


Dedicated to Dear Mom..

I write this two days before my vacations are going to come to an end and two days later I shall be taking in air in some other city away from my Mom. Yesterday it was raining here in Shillong through the midnight, lashing the roads and the surroundings and making a rather fearful noise as the drops stiked the tin roofing over my house and as it turned cold,the thought that I'll be away in a few days made me feel miserable.

Yes,it's not the first time.

Yes,I've become stronger with time and distance.

Yes,I'll be fine after a couple of days there.

But Mom each time I just wish I could hold and halt time,that it never ends just to be with you because I just can't do without you....P.S.:For all those who love their Moms and know just how exactly it feels on the last day....I won't be able to express or show it to her ever but this one's for you Mom.(Enough of expressing love to people who don't care ;-), time to care for the one's who have indeed always been special and will always be. :-) )



Dear Mom,

I will be gone after two days leaving Shillong at the onset of the monsoon.

"Third or Fifth is your wish,but fifth is also ok",was what you answered when I was about to book the tickets putting me into a dilemma of sorts.

Sixth was what I finally chose without any second thought realising the purpose of your answer. You should have told me Mom,even I didn't wish to leave so soon.


I can still remember the gleam and happiness in your eyes on seeing me as I entered home....sweet home.

And though I also remember your disappointment the very next moment on realising that I have'nt grown fat at all,as promised apparently.

Glad that I gifted the right shade of blush you asked for and as I sat with Dad on the dining table after six craving months and I tell you the 'Daal' and 'Chawal' was indeed awesome.

(Wrote this back in Shillong..as da vactaions were ending..wanted to start the blog with a dedication to Mom only..
Irony is even this is incomplete and I never resumed writing it,not that I didn't find time but that I didn't manage it well!)

No comments:

Post a Comment